I had big plans to update after last night's Home Opener but plans changed.
I've decided to leave out the big post game blog posts for now and just point out some thoughts and stats about the game, team, and if there was any historical significance for that game and go from there.
* New goal song! I think that it's called Once Again by the Headhunterz. I could be wrong so if someone knows they can let me know by commenting or sending me an email. All else fails I'll contact Clark Munroe (the new Director of Game Day Operations and happens to be doing a great job).
* The new player videos are pretty awesome, the players seem to have life and character in them a real thumbs up from me.
* The T-Rex, or Raptor (or whatever kind of dinosaur those are) race was Fantastic!
* The 25 minutes it took just to get out of the parking lot at the rink was brutal. the Pats post game show was over before we even got out of the lot. I think that's the worst I've seen it.
* I really figured that there would have been more than the announced 4,830 in attendance. I'm sure that the Rams game took a bit of the crowd, but the rink almost holds 6,500 people. Maybe people are still of the win and we'll show up? I just checked and noticed that for the home opener last year versus the Warriors the attendance was 4.494 so I guess 336 more is a 6.95% increase. So there's that.
* For 2 seasons in a row the Pats home opener went into overtime, the Pats prevailed last year with a 3-2 win.
* It was only the 3rd time that the Pats home opener has gone past regulation in the last 30 seasons. Other than last nights' and last years home openers, the only other time in the last thirty seasons was in 2008-09 when the Wheat Kings beat the Pats in a shootout 4-3.
* In the 87 "home openers" that the Pats have played they have only played overtime 7 times (note there were numerous years that overtime wasn't played due to varying factors).
* The Pats "home opener" record is now at:
3 Ties (when those were a thing)
1 Overtime Loss
1 Shootout Loss
* I'm hoping that tonight the Pats can improve on their all-time road opener record which is at 33 W- 48 L - 5 T - 0 OTL - 0 SOL