From the Regina Pats email list.... In the order it copied and pasted....
Week of January 10th
This Past Week:
Friday January 7th Regina Pats 2 @ Red Deer Rebels 1 (shootout)
For the first time this season, the Regina Pats are winners of 4 in a row as they win 2-1 in a shootout in Red Deer last night. Tanner Olstad scored midway through the 2nd to make it 1-0, but the Rebels Byron Froese tied it in the third. Overtime solved nothing, and the shootout went 10 players deep until Shayne Neigum scored the winner for the 2-1 victory. Matt Hewitt stopped 40 of 41 Rebels shots and 9 of 10 in the shootout for his 6th win of the season.
Saturday January 8th Regina Pats 1 @ Edmonton Oil Kings 7
The Edmonton Oil Kings scored early and often en route to a 7-1 win over the Regina Pats. Lane Scheidl's second as a Regina Pat was the lone marker, while a trio of fights dotted the 3rd period. The Oil Kings have won all three of the meetings this season with a combined score of 23-7.
The Pats will play a mid-week game at home before hosting a pair of Central Division teams this weekend:
• Wednesday night, the number one team in the WHL, the Saskatoon Blades will visit the Brandt Centre for the first time since October 26th. They are led by Canadian World Junior silver medalist, Curtis Hamilton and one of the top defenceman in the Eastern Conference in Stefan Elliott.
• Friday is Mike Sillinger jersey retirement night and the Edmonton Oil Kings will make their last stop at the Brandt Centre this season. They are led by 17 year old phenom, Michael St.Croix who is in the WHL's top 10 scorers.
• Saturday will see another 17 year old phenom, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and the rest of the Red Deer Rebels come to the Brandt Centre for the final time this season. The Pats have won 2 of the first 3 meetings with all three games going to overtime.
***School players will be made available after practice***
Tuesday January 11th
Goalies 10am Brandt Centre
Media 1:00 - 1:30 Brandt Centre
Practice 2:00 - 4pm Brandt Centre
Wednesday January 12th
Blades @ Pats 7pm Brandt Centre
Thursday January 13th
Goalies 10am Co-operators Centre
Media 1:00 - 1:30 Co-operators Centre
Practice 2:00 - 4pm Co-operators Centre
Friday January 14th
Red Deer Pre-game 10-10:45am Brandt Centre(Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Byron Froese, AndrejKudrna)
Edmonton Pre-game 11-11:45 Brandt Centre(Michael St. Croix, Mark Pysyk, Dylan Wruck)
Oil Kings @ Rebels 7:00pm Brandt Centre
Saturday January 15th
Rebels @ Pats 7:00pm Brandt Centre
Sunday January 16th
Prairie Mobile Pats Skills Competition Co-Operators Centre 1pm
Monday January 17th
Media 1:00 - 1:30pm Brandt Centre
Practice 2:30 - 4:00pm Brandt Centre
In The Community:
Goals for Kids:
Prairie Mobile Communications is proud to be back with "Goals for Kids". For ever goals the Pats score, Prairie Mobile Communications will donate $15 to the Ranch Ehrlo Outdoor Hockey League. The Pats have scored 132 goals so far this season raising $1980.00.
Project 1st Goal:
5 players toured the drug ravaged East Hastings area of Vancouver during their November BC road trip, and are now set to bring back their storied to the school kids of Regina and the surrounding area as a part of the Project 1st Goal drug awareness program.
The Regina Pats will be at Arcola School on Tuesday, January 11th and at Kitchener School on Monday, January 17th.
Prairie Mobile Pats Skills Competition:
This Sunday, the Regina Pats will hit the ice at the Co-operators Centre for the first ever Prairie Mobile Pats Skills Competition. The team will be split into two teams, and will be joined by a Hockey Regina pee wee team and members of the media and compete in all of the same events done at the NHL skills competition. The event starts at 1pm and entry is a donation to the Regina and area Food Bank.
Goals - Jordan Weal (19)
PIM - Shayne Neigum (92)
Assists - Jordan Weal (32)
Fighting Majors -Art Bidlevskii (9)
Points - Jordan Weal (51)
Wins - Damien Ketlo (7)
PPG - Jordan Weal (4)
GAA - Matt Hewitt (3.42)
SHG - Mikael Jung (2)
SV % - Matt Hewitt (.904)
Game Winning Goals - Jordan Weal (3)
Plus/Minus - Lane Scheidl (4)
In the Locker Room:
• Curtis Hunt coached in his 600th career WHL game Friday night in Red Deer
• Jordan Weal is 6/7 in shootouts this season and 1/1 on penalty shots.
• The Pats are 0-5 in overtime, but are 6-1 in shootouts so far this season
• Lane Scheidl has goals in 2 of the Pats past 3 games
• Matt Hewitt has won back to back games and is undefeated in the shootout this season
• Myles Bell was just recently ranked 37th among North American skaters according to NHL CSS. He will be playing in the CHL Top Prospects game on January 19th.
Through the looking Glass:
Prospect Watch - Cory Nygaard:
The 17 year old goaltender is coming off summer knee surgery and has bounced back nicely. With the Winnipeg Wild in the Manitoba Midget Hockey League, he is 13-4 with a GAA of 2.32. At the Mac's Midget Tournament over the Christmas season in Calgary, he went undefeated at 3-0
A look to the Past - Myles Stoesz:
The rugged 6'2" forward finished his WHL career with the Regina Pats in the 2006-07 season and began the first three years of pro in the ECHL. He caught a break at the tail end of last season when he played 35 games with the AHL's Lowell Devils. This season with the Albany Devils of the AHL he has been in 7 games, recording 30 minutes in penalties